In Kim Klassen’s “Beyond Layers: A year of art full inspiration” e-course, she invited us to share 10 truths about ourselves. These are always fun ways to get to know each other. I’d love it if you joined in.
Ten Truths About Me
1. I enjoy a cup of relaxing tea in the evening. Must be my Canadian upbringing, ay. I need my morning coffee though.
2. I love to read books, and usually have at least a few going at the same time. I just finished “The Language of Flowers”, a novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. The history of how flowers used to have personal messages was fascinating.
3. I have a soft spot for animals of all kinds. I live on a farm with 2 horses, 4 mini-donkeys, 2 dogs and a lot of barn kitties.
4. My little dog Lucy is my constant companion and buddy. She helped me find joy and laughter again, while I was healing and grieving. I am a little obsessed with taking photos of her cute face. She is the dog angel on my website banner.
5. I am learning to take one moment at a time and be in the present moment. I had some anxiety last summer. I am grateful to be feeling stronger now.
6. One of my new passions is photography. I love how it makes me notice beauty and sacred wonder in the world, especially in nature. The other day I was taking pictures of the lilac blossoms and a butterfly appeared. So cool.
7. When I bake, I like to play music and sing along. It is cooking therapy.. (unfortunately the cookies and muffins I have been making lately might have been responsible for those extra pounds that just appeared.)
8. My favorite kinds of exercise are taking nature walks and yoga.
9. I am really sensitive and can’t watch TV shows that are too violent or scary. My kids laugh at me for this.
10. My gardens have lots and lots of flowers in the summer. I love flowers!
So, pour yourself a cup of tea, or your beverage of choice, and share some of your truths. Or, just enjoy and have a great day!
Blessings from my heart to yours,
Nancy and Lucy